Saturday 31 March 2012

Time to Take Chances

So from Sydney to Bryon Bay it was to be. Thirteen hours via train and bus beginning at 4pm on the Monday and arriving at 6am on the Tuesday morning. But from what I heard the journey was totally gonna be worth it.

As we drove through the night at 4am, I sat and watched as an elderly women tossed a dollar coin over and over again and wondered whether or not she was in fact making decisions in her life or whether the action had no significance whatsoever.

[I had already decided for lent that I wouldn’t give something up but instead I would change something. In the style of ‘Yes Man’ I guess you could say I decided not to say yes to everything- mainly because I didn’t have endless supplies of money and dont wanna kill myself- but to say no less often. Sounds confusing?! Yes perhaps it does but basically I want to stop being cautious..and I guess boring...and live a bit just live more. So hears to making life more exciting!]

 This lead me to think about the lent agreement that I had made with myself and of the possiblity of making decisions at the toss of a coin, or even by choosing a stone to make a yes/no decision like in 'The Alchemist' which I'm currently reading. It certainly would be an interesting twist to my travels. So in the spirit in of my saying yes more pact, I say yes.. lets do it. Why not!

As I watched the elderly women I listened to Lily Allen singing 'as one door closes another one opens'; This had certainly happened to me enough. Most recently when I thought that my plans had fallen through to go to spend sometime at a yoga ashram in the mountains in NSW, Jan had asked if I wanted to join him on his trip to Byron Bay to which I said yes (of course!) only to then be contacted by the ashram inviting me to stay there so now I am doing both! 

So not only did one door close and another one open, the old door opened again! I guess thats just some good karma coming my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment