Friday 13 April 2012

A Reunion of Friends

I came back from the Ashram on Monday 19th March and spent that day in Sydney before I flew to Hobart.

It was really nice to be back 'home' for a short while.  I got to catch up with a women that had been at the ashram and with my friends from NQ. My meet up with Debbie from Mangrove had originally been planned as a coffee for an hour or so but turned into a five hour long chat in my beloved Starbucks on Campbell Street corner. It brilliant when you meet like minded people like that. Debbie, a fourty something Australian women who had dreams of travelling in Europe, and I had so much in common we talked for hours about everything and everything. We talked about life experiences, travelling, family, books, films, philophises and the rest.

Before i knew it it was 5pm; She had plans with a friend to go to the cinema and I had planned to meet Danielle from work. We said our goodbyes, hopefully not for the last time, and wished each other well for the future.

As I walked away from my meeting with Debbie which left me in such high spirits, I called Danielle and we arranged to both walk towards each other down George Street until we bumped into the other. It was lovely to be able to run up to her and give her a huge hug in the middle of the George Street crowds.

We sat in the Myers building and I was so hyped up with energy from chatting with Debbie for the last five hours, I talked at her like the speed of light filling her in with all the going ons from the last two weeks. Soon enough it was time to meet the others- Ardo, Irine, Midori and of course my darling Hien!

It was amazing to see them again! And we did what we did best and this was go and eat out at some of the awesome resturants Sydney had to offer. We all headed to Home, a Thai restaurant in Chinatown and got some food, which turned out to be pretty darn spicy much to Ardo's pleasure. There we all caught up on each others lives, and the antics of me and jan in the brilliant Byron Bay.

Before long it was getting late and time for me to head on back to the hostel as i had a very early flight, (yet again!) This time knowing that I wouldn't be returning to Sydney, at least for a very long time, I said my very last goodbyes to these people that had been dear friends of mine while I lived in this amazing city although I knew that one day some how I would see at least Hien and Danielle again.

The last two weeks had been awesome, work free and responsibility free. Being back on the road sure felt good and it wasn't about to change for a while at least. Onwards to Tasmania!

No comments:

Post a Comment