Friday 11 November 2011

So where next, Australia?!

Faced with the reality that not too far in the distant future I would have to go home, back to cold and wintery England, where I have no house or job, I figured why the rush?!

However with the main opposing factor being the lack of cash- there seemed one prety good answer to that: Australia!

Me and Merel had discussed the possibilty of going to Oz and the more we talked about it the more I liked the sound of it. Eventually I knew I had to make a decision and so I decided yes!

I was so far round the world already... why not just go that little bit further, and who knew when I've had the opportunity to go again. I thought I might as well go while I have no comitments back home whatsoever. I just made perfect sense, so I went fo it!

I applied for my visa online and had it confirmed with the same day and booked my flight to Brisbane and I was all set!

The thought of going to Oz was so exciting. Not only was I going somewhere new once again, but this was a place I never dreamed I actually get to.

I planned to stay for a few months maybe, make some money and head back to Asia. However I was well aware that all plans are subject to change, although I didn't quite anticipate how much they were going to change!

Within a week of arriving I'd been in touch with STA travel about changing my flight date, but apparently a ticket I was told was valid for twelve months was actually only valid for six. So now I had two options: go home or buy a new flight. This decision was the easiest I think I've ever made. Now I have the freedom to stay in Oz for as long as I want so why not stay he for the length of my visa and actually see some of Oz!

So as much as I miss all my friends and family, I guess I'll be seeing you all next October!

Suprisingly enough my mum's response was "I knew this would happen!" haha, and my dad is fully supportive of my decision too which is the best outcome I could have hoped for!

Let's hope I've made the right choice, but i'm already pretty sure I'm going to ave one hell of a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment