Thursday 22 December 2011

Back to Brissy!


I booked the bus back to Brissy on Sunday the 18th, unfortuntely the only bus is at 6:50 in the morning so I decided that i'd rather work the Saturday night straight through to 4am, grab a shower then head straight to the bus. And that's exactly what I did.

That night was unbelieveably busy in the restaurant and bar but one hella good night. I had a laugh with my work mates and it left me with some good memories of my friends and working at the Isa hotel. I got to say goodbye to everyone and left work on a high.

I had been warned though that sometimes buses were cancelled because of the weather- because of the time of year there were terrific storms every so often and the night before there had been the loudest one I had witnesses in Mt Isa which ruined the carpark at the hotel. So when I arrived at the bus depo and was told that the bus may get terminated part way it didn't fill me with confidence that i'd get to Brissy after all. Luckily enough the weather didn't get bad though and we made it all the way in one piece.

Along the way we stopped at all the same dead-end places we'd gone to on the way, most of which I recognised from before.

We stopped at one place for lunch so I went inside a cafe and ordered a drink. When I asked the women where the toilets were she said they were down the street. I thought she was having me on but her serious face didn't seem like she was joking, so after ordering a tea just so I could use the bathroom I turned around and went in search for the toilet. When I found them, the first thing I saw was a sign saying 'For your convenience,' which I found slightly ironic. I'd also seen better toilets in the third world, which didn't have a pile of dead moths in the sink! There was also a sign saying that the hand dryer was on fixed on the wall for the users convenience- obviously they'd been victims of vandalism which a sign pointing out why the hand dyer was on the wall- where they usually are.

So in a not-so painful 26 hours I was back in Brissy and checked in to the hostel that was defintely not the advertised 400 metres away from the bus station. Indeed it was a big orange building as stated but not even slightly visable from the bus station enterance.

A quick shower I booked my bus to my next stop, Noosa, and then headed to Queen Street- the home of Brissys shops. After spending the last couple of months in the middle of nowhere and working every hour under the sun- i defintely derserved to spend some of my hard earned cash and that is exactly what I did. A few new clothes and a new netbook- Happy birthday and christmas to me!

Exhausted from working straight through and the long journey I just chilled out for the rest of the day.

The follwing day i picked up a few things i needed still and headed back to the hostel only to bump into Crystal and Peter who I worked with in Mount Isa! They'd taken the same bus the day after and had just arrived in brissy. We went out and grabbed some Korean food for lunch before I caught my bus. Even though i'd only just left them in Mt Isa, it was sure nice to see them again, a friendly face is always a bonus when travelling and hopefully I'll be able to catch up with them once more in Sydney at New Years!

So thats me two weeks of freedom now- time to spend some of the money I've earned a week here in Noosa on the Sunshine Coast and then Heading to Sydney for New Years!... and hopefully then working there too. But as always, who knows.... all plans are subject to change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment