Monday 20 February 2012

2011: In Pictures


2011 was a year of good times.


I spent the first half of the year with all my friends for various events.


It started with me so unsure still what the year would hold for me, but we said goodbye to Claire as she'd decided to go work in France for the summer season.


In April we celebrated the royal wedding and the whole country went royal crazy for at least 24 hrs.



I continued to stay in touch with all my friends all over the country and visted Cat and the rest of CCAKE in MK and Manchester.


Visited a few places closer to home, like the Yorkshire Sculpture Park with Fran.


We even managed to squeeze in a trip to visit Anna in London on the May bank holiday weekend!


Soon enough it was time for me to leave Leeds and England and head on my travels again,this time to SE Asia!


I did a lot of crazy stuff.


Got taught how to pole dance by a group of drunk Thai women..


Ate noodles at the top of mountains...


...danced in the street...


...and make friends from all over the world :)


I then went to Laos, via a slow boat.


I ate some amazing foods...


...saw stunning scenery...


...took crazy exercise classes...


...and saw some breathe taking sunsets.


Then it was back to Thailand for a few weeks to see the best friend...


...drink more Chang...


...and do some rock climbing!


It was then time to part ways and I did a whistle stop tour of Kuala Lumpur and saw the Batu Caves...


..and saw some of the city before I headed to Bali!


Bali was beautiful.


I tried my hand at surfing.


And visited some awesome places.


And made some great friendships :)


Then in October I made the decision that rather than go home I would go to Australia!


And I ended up in Mount Isa! A mining town far away from civilisation I spent the next couple of months working there.


I then headed to Noosa for a few days for my birthday and met a German guy called Felix. Xmas things were everywhere but somehow I really didn't feel chrismassy at all. Maybe its because santa had a surf board :)


I then met Daisy, a friend of my mum's and spent xmas with her, her friends, her brother and his girlfriend. My first xmas on a beach!


And I ended the year in Sydney!


2011 took me half way around the world... who knows where 2012 will lead to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment