Saturday 1 September 2012

Make it or Break it in Melbourne


Coming back to Melbourne, I had no idea where to start. I had decided to come back but with less than a week to go I had no idea where I was going, barely a cent to my name and not a single plan in my head.

All I knew was that I had about $40 in my bank and an offer of a floor to stay on for a while.
It really was make or break.

I either got my act together or I was on the first plane back to Britain with my credit card taking the brunt of the cost and I would be back to square one minus a job, a home and an income. 

I decided to leave Annie on July 14th and head back to the city; although I'd loved every minute helping here out with her fury family, it was time to get back to the city and to the real life.

That weekend was awesome to catch up with Patrick again and his housemates Dave and Ben and when monday morning came around the job hunt was on.

By the end the of the week I'd had a trial at an Indian restaurant and offered a job, an interview at a cafe and offered a job there and a job offer at an bistro/bar.

Job sorted, the next thing was to find somewhere to live and with another week I'd found a room in a shared house to move into.
The fews days I was going to stay with the guys turned into a few weeks but it was definitley much appreciated and without their help I would have been back in the UK before I could even say, "Home to England for the Olympics!"

I've certainly taken a fair few chances in my travels but luckily for me I seem to have seven lives as I always land on my feet, however I do have a lot of people to thank for that and boy am I grateful to them all.

Somehow I'd done it again- my life was on track once again...  I had a job and a place to live and best of all I was now in Melbourne, living my Australian dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment