Wednesday 20 July 2011

Bangkok!

So after an almost 24hr journey I arrived in the brightlights of Bangkok!



I made my way from the airport with a girl I met at the luggage claim to Ko San Road, the backpacking centre of Bangkok... and it's every bit as tacky as all the hype...( within the first hour we'd shared a taxi and booked a double bed to share at a hotel so it was a very close friendship from the moment we met!)

This street could literally be in any western British holiday makers desination. Filled with tourists sporting the 'traveller' look and very loud bars making you feel like you've just fell asleep on a speaker in a club when actually you in your hotel room; if only the bars had showers then there would be no need for both.

Desperate to get away from this typical tourist area, I've booked myself a bus to get to the nearest island which is only 4hrs away so I'll be leaving the brightlights and thumping bass of Bangkok behind at least for a few days for some sun sea and sand and probably more thumping bass!

I plan to spend the rest of the day trying to see a bit more of the culture of Bangkok, in the form of the temples and local areas as i'm sure somewhere in this capital city some of the real heart of Thailand must still exist... although i'm pretty sure it'll still be next to the 24hr Burger King.

No comments:

Post a Comment