Wednesday 27 July 2011

Memories of Koh Samet

Even though when i'd told one man that I was planning to visit Koh Samet he'd looked at me in disgust, I had an amazing time.

After meeting Fed and Sarah on the ferry (actually a small fishing-type boat) on the way, I tagged along with their plans to stay in Ano Hin Khok bay as that was my desired desination anyways and stayed with them at the Naga bunaglows.

We finally arrived at around 4 even though we were supposed to get there around 1.. but that's Thai times for you, about as effective as Indian time (in my experience).

The bungalows were lovely and were scattered up the hill side inbetween the trees of the jungle of the national park.

Naga itself had a bar where a few guys who lived at Naga work: Moto, Pancake (aka Pnang), Nam, and Pooki... which became great friends for those few days.

Later that evening after some fried rice with vegtables (which is fast becoming a daily addiction) we headed out to meet Sugar and her friends down the beach at White sands resort where there was music, fire dancing and of course drinking and by drinking I mean by the bucket!
The next day we nursed our hangover and soaked up some sun... although Moto warned us against the beach- using his very helpful scale of island weather "its either hot, really hot or fucking hot, and tomorrow its going to be fucking hot!" Being pale I decided I'd hide under an umbrella, but that was as useful as suede shoes in the rain and I still got stupidly burnt!

That evening after varying from Fried rice to Pad Thai we chilled out with the guys for a little bit before heading off to watch the beach (of course) on Fed's laptop.

Most of Sunday was chilling out on the beach of playing pool with the guys from the bar and Sarah.. and that evening we all had a few drinks. Me and Sarah ventured down the beach for a while and came back to Naga and went to a place called Silver Sands where we sat and had some food and a few drinks with the Naga boys.

By monday I was burnt and cowarded away from the sun preferring to go to nearby cafe 'Toks', updating my blog and playing pool with Sarah.. and somehow I came back from an embarassing loss like a pro and potted the whole table until getting stuck on the black for nearly 10 minutes! But thank god I regained my deginity and won!

For my last evening on Koh Samet, I played connect four with Moto, and it's offical i'm as blind as a bat and refuse to play connect four ever again! I vowed I wouldn't go to bed till I won it was half 12 and I was still trying to win.. thank god for Nam who came over and pointed out my nect move which made me win or I could have been there all night!

All in all Koh Samet is a beautiful island with lovely people, and I don't know what that man was talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment