Friday 11 May 2012

Ineka and John


The couple that the Japanese girl, Yayoi, was staying with before she came to work with me at the farm was Ineka and John. They had dropped her off and upon leaving said if we needed anything not to hestiate and call them, although at the time I thanked them and didn't think I would see them again.
Minutes after the phone call with the guy telling me that he thought I should leave, Ineka had rung Yayoi to see how things were. I spoke to her and within seconds she had offered to pick me and Yayoi up in Launceston asap.

John are migrant from 'Landan' and Ineka a dutch migrant from Amsterdam, and were two of the loveliest people I could have ever hoped to meet.

They offered their home to me and told me I could stay as long as necessary and asked nothing in return.

They had a beautiful home in a place north west of Launceston, in a place called Beauty Point, which they had renovated themselves. John was a builder by trade and Ineka worked in the local hospital as a nurse.

I stayed three nights with them altogether and I really appreciated their kindness as it gave me an opportunity to figure out what I was going to do next without any pressure.

We went for walks along Greens Beach with their dog Benny, watched DVDs and spent evenings chilling out watching TV and chatting; they really made me feel welcome and I couldn't have thank them enough.



On the Thursday morning I caught the bus back to Launceston, (armed with a packed lunch made by Ineka!) from which I would go to Devonport. Ineka and Yayoi walked me to the bus stop and we said our good byes and just as I had sat down on the bus John rushed and got on the bus to come and say goodbye too. It almost brought tears to by eyes saying goodbye as they had been so kind.

From the bottom of my heart  I would like to thank them both for making me feel so welcolme in their home when I needed it. It really makes the difference when you meet people like that when travelling and makes the whole thing worth while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment