Saturday 19 May 2012

Melbourne is my Mango


If I loved London this much then I love Melbourne this much!

Melbourne just oozes with 'coolness.' Its buildings are funky, there's avenues of trees making the whole place look as quaint as a painting; there are laneways tucked between the streets filled with cafes pouring out of every cubby hole, graffiti decorating every spare surface and enough diversity to shake a stick at.

 I don't just love it, I have to come up with a whole new word for Melbourne.

Put it this way: my home in England Leeds is an apple- its perfectly nice, a good snack, tasty and plenty of variety, London's a pack of grapes- I love grapes, easy to eat, fun and I will always go back to time and time again just to remember how much I like them. But Melbourne, Melbourne's like a mango. I didn't know I liked mangoes at all. Then I tried one and it was amazing! I thought to myself 'god I've seriously been missing out!' Mangoes are bright, juicy, an explosion of taste and exotic. Its messy but fun- I have no idea where to start with a mango but I'll have one anyway because I love them.

That's how I feel now. I have no idea where I'm gonna start. I don't know the first thing about starting out in Melbourne. I don't know where to look for accommodation- where to look for a job but I can't wait to do it.  I just got this feeling about Melb; you know your doing something right when you don't need to be doing anything of any importance or significance and your smiling and you don't even know why.

I realised I might still not have a clue about what I want to do but I'm certainly in the place where I want to be right now... so as soon as I've finished my farm work I'll be on the first train back. I've had a taste now and I know this is definitely what I want.

I'm gonna take a risk and go for the Mango. Why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment